Monday, January 10, 2005

curry in a hurry

Thanks to the kind people of the lonely planet thorn tree, friends who have been there, and my brother in law, I'm set for india. I've never prepped like this for a trip before, bare minimum style. I'm excited, and admittedly a bit frightened. With India, everyone seems to love it or hate it, and with the recent disaters, my family thinks I'm a bit nuts. Then again, my mother thought the acropolis in Greece was "a bunch of rocks", and my cousins prefer the Amman style resorts when they've got "an extra 400 bucks". The way I look at it, is that I'm grateful to have seen those places in Thailand and Indonesia that now barely exist. Even when I hesitate out of fear or guilt, I usually follow the attitude of "just fuckin' go". Trips are the best investment, cause on my deathbed, I doubt I'll be saying "Damn, I wish I never climbed MaccuPiccu". However, I haven't gone on my own quite so long, with so little. But hey, who needs stuff? I'm prepared. Goa, Kerala, Varanasi, Jaisalmer... Here I come....

Shots:
Hepatitis A
Hepatits B
Typhoid
Tetanus
Polio
Meningacoccal Meningitis

Shoes:
1 lightweight pumas
1 havaianas
still pondering the tevas (urgh)

Electronics:
ipod
jbl travel speakers
Digi
Lomo
Nokia Triband phone

Clothes:
1 3/4 length jeans
1 3/4 length skirt
1 long cotton pants
1 zippy sweater
1 rainjacket
2 tanktops
3 tshirt
bikini
undies

essentials:
padlock, chain
flashlight
mosquito net
first aid + medication
wet ones
febreeze
sarongs
fancy perfume spray
journal
pocket knife

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan Hill said...

nice dude. that's all you need girl. if you can spare the room, i would recommend a small travel/camping pillow. got mine for $10 and rolls up real small in a tiny bag. came in velly handy (from tents to buses to planes). good luck! i'll be with you in spirit!!!

11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home