a face and a name
I'm a little weirded out, but I'm doing it. Thanks to Patrick for taking me to a fab Joshua Tree getaway last year, a getway from a home that he thankfully did not kick me out of even after so many bounced checks, for taking this picture, posting it on his server then sending me a link. I hope I don't say anything wrong and get deported. Granted I did picket in front of the federal building in March 03 with a picket sign of a drawing of the bird of peace shitting into a Bush. Then again, I did wait in line at 4 AM in front of that same Federal building the next day and begged the INS not to deport me even though I had fallen out of status of my visa. WHICH wasnt' my fault, I was on a student visa and the school I was at didn't offer all the classes aI needed that semester so I was part time. Anyway they approved it, phew. That room was filled with Arabs and Muslims getting kicked out left and right, it was the time when everyone of Arab descent had to register with the INS, it think it was. I was lucky, relatively speaking. Funny, one day being like "America-Fuck YOU" and the next day like, "America, Fuck YEAH". Anyway, in the INS line, which wrapped back and for three times to each end of the block, some of the Mexicans would stand there at midnight, and sell their spots in line at 5AM to the Korean girls frfom UCLA who had great nails that the Vietnamese girls did them while talking shit about them. Filipinos like me, we brought thermoses with coffee and chicken salad sandwiches. We were all set. On that same corner the day before was a guy wrapped in a Palestinian flag, I asked him where the flag was from and he didn't know, but then started ranting off about fighting the power. I really shouldn't be saying this shit while my visa is in process. I wonder if the INS Googles applicants. I should post someone else's picture. Oh sorry, it's not the INS / Immigration and Naturalization Service anymore, it's the BHS / Beaureau of Homeland Security (hmm, what's in a name?), that's right america, keep your homeland secure and free, free of crazy artistic terror monger socialist designers like me, I better be careful not to run for my train.
Sing it kids!
America-FUCK YEAH!

2 Comments:
Should I or shouldn't I comment...?
Ohh-Ohhhhh
We can't wait to see you home. A big ole' piss-off-the-neighbors party is in the works. We shall gather all your friends, pull out all the stops and make some primal noise.
I hear you got da moves. Let's see 'em. Hmmm...Who shall DJ?
5:41 AM
I feel real stupid. The Team America reference finally hit home. I had a bad brain day.
FUCK YEAH!
12:19 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home